The first question you need to ask yourself is what is a myocardial infarction. Basically, when it occurs, you will be able to deal with the death of a portion of the heart muscle. This is caused by lack of oxygen, which causes death.
The immediate effect, the wound that occurs causes chest pain or pressure sensation in the chest (often described as tightness in his chest).
When blood flow is not restored in a timely manner (you only 20-40 minutes) the heart muscle begins to die in an irreversible process.
What is a myocardial infarction: symptoms
While they vary (sometimes to a large extent), there are some symptoms of heart attack that occur commonly enough. These include:
· Chest pain or tightness in the chest;
· Headache, toothache and jaw pain (sometimes these occur in combination);
· Feeling of nausea, vomiting or just starting to feel very uncomfortable;
· A sudden sweat, no apparent reason to happen;
· Indigestion and heartburn are also some other very common symptoms;
· Feeling pain in the arm, shoulders and upper back;
· Starting to feel sick and weak;
· Unfortunately, over about a quarter complete with all cases of myocardial infarction, there is absolutely no sign of it happening. These are called silent heart attacks and are most common on people who suffer from diabetes mellitus.
The main problem with these attacks is that there are very defined symptoms and signs of them happening and making them quite vague. People tend to dismiss these symptoms and tend to believe that they are some smaller terms and simply ignore them.
If you feel that by chance you may have a heart attack, you should seek immediate medical attention. It is those 20-40 minutes that are key and those where action leads to a complete or nearly complete recovery.
What is a myocardial infarction: prevention and treatment
The main problem for a heart attack is that there is no completely guaranteed to work. After that was done the damage to the heart is more by reducing the possibility of further problems.
Is one of those cases where prevention is the best treatment possible, you can get it. And the process of prevention is not difficult: it is simply the best treatment is preventing it from happening in the first place.
The heart is an organ very precious, so it makes sense for us to take very good care of it. And to do that, do we really need change some very simple things. Get a better, healthier diet and exercise more often. These two factors alone will help your heart get in a much better condition and be able to improve life expectancy for many years. Heart attacks are the number one cause of death in the United States, and do not want to be a part of these statistics.